WSF North West Region.
The North West Action Plan is currently in the process of being written and will be based on consultation across the Region.
The plan will clearly link into and complement the WSF National objectives whilst focusing on the identified needs relating specifically to the population of the North West Region.
The WSF National Objectives are as follows:
- To make Government and policy makers aware of the inequalities that exist for women and girls in sport and physical activity and take action at every level to address them.
- To be recognised as the UK experts on women and sport, raising awareness of the key issues facing women and girls within sport.
- To increase the number of Women & Girls in sports Coaching, Leadership and Management positions.
- To develop, promote and disseminate research into women's sport & physical activity.
- To increase the quantity and quality of media coverage of women's sport.
- To develop and embed collaborative work with the Equity Partners and to crease and raise the profile of the Sport Equity Alliance to promote equality.
- To maximise opportunities provided by 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games for the benefit of women & girls.
« Back to the WSF North West index page
© The Womens Sports Foundation 2005 Registered charity number